All students offering GST301 – Entrepreneurship Studies are to take note that there will be no multiple-choice TMA. The Student Business Plan shall be the Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA).
The following applies for GST301
- Students are to work on a business plan of 2000 words between the fourth and eight weeks of resumption in the semester in their various zones under the guidance of the Incubation Centre Coordinators. There are three methods available for students to present their business plans according to an agreed schedule. The three methods are by:
- presenting in the virtual laboratory in the incubation centre;
- presenting online/real-time using video conferencing facilities (this will enable students to present from anywhere without a geographical barrier)
- making a 10 minutes video and posting it to CE&GS site where they will be assessed, and feedback provided in a synchronous online forum. In this process, the student and the assessors will be online at the same time while the assessors watch the video with questions and answers through messaging.
Student shall spend 10 minutes for presentation and 20 minutes for questions and answers. All activities for the presentation must not exceed 1 hour. Three Incubation Centre Coordinators or three assigned assessors shall grade, and average scores shall be recorded by the Incubation Centre Coordinator in the zone. Students can be grouped into a maximum of 10 to work on same business plan and project, but the role of each student must be well spelt out in the plan.
- Students put approved business plans into action. Students work with the CE&GS ICT and content development unit to produce illustration of the business plan. The illustration may be sketch, simulation or concrete product.
- Students with excellent prototypes/concepts/products could be encouraged to work with the incubation centre coordinators to take the idea forward.
- Students present finished products or services
- Scoring for GST 301:
|Enterprise development Project (Presentation = 10% and the product or service (prototype or real) = 30%)||40%|
Presentation Schedule for Business Plan
|1||North West||3rd May – 7th May 2018|
|2||North East||8th May – 12th May 2018|
|3||North Central||14th May – 18th May 2018|
|4||South East||19th May – 24th May 2018|
|5||South West||25th May – 30th May 2018|
|6||South South||31st May – 5th June 2018|
Presentation Schedule for Enterprise Development Project
|1||North West||21st May – 24th May 2018|
|2||North East||25th May – 30th May 2018|
|3||North Central||31st May – 6th June 2018|
|4||South East||7th June – 13th June 2018|
|5||South West||14th June – 20th June 2018|
|6||South South||21st June – 26th June 2018|